We all love that smell of freshly baked bread in the morning, so the Hay Day Kitchen is back with a new episode where we bake some delicious bread!
Subscribe for more videos ►►
We’ve prepared a special recipe and video, so you can follow along step-by-step. Go ahead, give it a try!
• ½ cup flour
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 tsp dry yeast
• 6 cup flour
• 2 cup water
• 3 tsp salt
• 1 tsp dry yeast
• Prep time: 4h
• Portion size: 2 whole breads
• Equipment: Mixing bowls, measuring spoons, measuring cups, mixer or wooden spoon, baking tray and sheet, cooling rack, oven, sieve, water spray bottle, small serrated knife
• Mix flour, dry yeast and lukewarm water in a bowl
• Cover the bowl and let the mixture sit for 30mins in room temperature.
• Add starter dough and the rest of the dough ingredients to a large mixing bowl
• Use a wooden spoon to start the mixing, then knead by hand for 10-15 mins (if using a mixer, set on medium speed for 10 mins)
• Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. You will know the dough is ready when it starts separating from the side of the bowl
• Add more flour if needed
• Cover dough and let sit for 30 mins.
• Divide dough into two parts and shape into nice bread shapes
• Set on a baking sheet and cover to sit for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven 250°C /480°F.
• Sprinkle loaves with flour
• Cut three “stripes” into the top
• Spray loaves with just a little bit of water
• Bake for 10 mins at 250°C /480°F.
• Lower the temperature to 225°C/440°F and continue baking for 30 mins.
• Let cool on a rack
• Now this is important, smell that wonderful bread smell! Ahhhhh!
Tip: Store bread in a brown paper bag to keep the crust nice and crispy.
We’d love to see your own Bread! Submit a photo of your bread to our Fan Art Uploader:
Follow us on our Socials!
Hay Day Forums ►►
Hay Day Discord Chat ►►
Hay Day Reddit ►►
Get Hay Day ►►